Marketing Profs – Holiday Season 2013: How and When Consumers Plan to Shop [Infographic]
By Ayaz Nanji
November 7, 2013
However, not everyone is an early bird. Over a quarter (29%) of those surveyed don’t plan to start shopping until after turkey day, and another 11.7%—including 17.3% of all men—admit they will probably wait until the last minute.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on a data from a survey of 993 US online adults age 18 or older.
- 18.7% of shoppers surveyed say they will either spend much more or somewhat more on holiday gifts this year compared with last year.
- 46.9% plan to spend about the same, and 22.6% plan to spend less this year.
Digital: Relaxing and Convenient
- 91.7% of holiday shoppers plan to go online to research gifts and/or make purchases.
- 25.1% say their favorite aspect of shopping online (or with apps) is that it’s relaxed; they avoid the stress of store crowds, finding parking, and more.
- Customers also like the convenience and efficiency of online shopping.
See Full Article: http://ow.ly/qB5pJ