Buffer – Get the Most From One Blog Post: 21 Advanced Content Tips
June 5, 2014
By Kevan Lee
Variety is the spice of life … and digital marketing?
Variety can certainly make a digital marketer’s life a little easier. When you’ve worked hard to create a perfect piece of content, you can help that content go the extra mile (and then some) by repurposing and recreating the content in a huge number of ways.
Is it easy? Well, I wanted to find out.
I took a favorite piece of content from our Buffer blog, “How Often Should You Be Posting to Social Media?” and I hacked together 21 variations and uses for the original story. Here’s exactly how I did it and exactly how you can do the same.
The rundown: All 21 advanced content tips to get more from your original content
Hitting “publish” isn’t the end of content creation. At least, it doesn’t have to be. There are so many different ways that your content can live on well after it originally lands on the blog. Here are the 21 ways I’ll test and report in this blog post.
- Share to social media—again and again
- Submit to content communities
- Create 20+ snippets for easy sharing
- Design an Instagram tip
- Spin off the old blog post into a new one
- Build a series of guest posts
- Refresh and republish
- Post to Quora
- Post to LinkedIn
- Post to Medium
- Create an infographic
- Create an instructographic
- Put together a presentation for Slideshare
- Turn it into a webinar
- Build a daily email series or email course
- Design an ebook
- Share content as a pdf
- Record a podcast
- Make a video
- Take a unique PPC route with Outbrain
- Contact sources and influencers directly
See Full Story: http://ow.ly/xFX4j